Tuesday 8 October 2024

Cockatrice!

 

Earlier this year, I wrote a set of rules for using cockatrices in all of my games and released it to my Patreon supporters (where you can still get it). At the time though, I didn't own a cockatrice miniature. I just wasn't that fussed with any that I had seen. Then someone pointed out this one, which comes from Anno Domini 1666, a board wargame from Poland. I actually ended up buying the whole game after demoing it a Pyrkon, but I also picked up the little expansion box that had the cockatrice. This doom-chicken is the plastic version, but it painted up really nice. I can definitely see this guy landing in a game of The Silver Bayonet, Frostgrave, and Rangers of Shadow Deep. When you've got a cool model like that - you've got to use it!

(The other figure is also from the Anno Domini 1666 game, though it is metal).

No comments:

Post a Comment