Monday 27 June 2016

Space Wolf

Taking a break from my normal fantasy painting, I pulled this guy out of my Death Watch: Overkill box. He is a member of the elite 'Death Watch' Space Marines, a force drawn from different chapters specifically to fight alien incursions. According to the text, Death Watch Space Marines are suppose to wear black and silver armour with only their shoulder pad denoting their original chapter. That seemed like a wasted painting opportunity to me (plus I hate painting black), so I painted him in more-or-less normal Space Wolf grey with just his Death Watch shoulder pad in the black and silver.

He's come out a bit dark in the photos, which is a shame because the figure has some truly great detail. He's also huge, towering over regular human sized figures, which is how a Space Marine is supposed to be anyway. It's a shame all of the ones in the box weren't that size.

A fun diversion, but I think it is going to be a long time before I finish all forty figures that came with the game!

As for the game itself, I can't comment. I haven't played it yet.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quick post. It is nice to see some of your miniatures that you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minis, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete