Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Oathmark Dwarf

In celebration of the announcement of Oathmark, I thought I would show off one of my first painted Oathmark miniatures. Here is the doughty warrior, dressed in his chain mail, with his trusty hammer and shield. I didn't spend too long painting this guy as he's just one of a unit, and I am more concerned with the over all effect of the unit, than I am with this particular figure. Also, I used him to test out the shield design that I hope to use as the unifying symbol of the 'Blue Army'. It's just a simple circle of wiggles, but at a distance gives the impression of a kind of Celtic tangle. I think it'll look good multiplied across a unit and an army.

This figure is actually a very slight conversion. The shield arms in on the sprue are designed for the shield to be held high in a more shield-wall look. I wanted a bit more of an open-form look, so I took one of the bow arms, snipped off the bow, and used it for the shield arm, which seems to work really well.

I've mounted this guy on a 20mm round base, even though Oathmark uses 25mm square bases. Why? Because I'm a rebel who doesn't by the rules, even when I'm writing the rules! Actually, it's because I've got some nice movement trays for these to slot into that should work perfectly. 

9 comments:

  1. And leaks when we'll see plastic goblins? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some pics at http://wargameterrain.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/northstar-miniatures-plastic-fantasy.html

      Delete
    2. That goblin is pretty sweet as well!

      Delete
  2. I have seen the 3-ups, but not the actual plastics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these dwarves. They look like the old pre-slotta Citadel dwarves.Not the current OTT ones from GW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective design on the shield. I may have to do something similar, as soon as I nail down a primary color for my dwarves' shields and clothing!

    ReplyDelete