Tuesday 5 March 2024

Huntress

The older I get, the less interest I have in batch painting miniatures. I'd rather just settle in with a single figure and paint that one to the best of my ability. This weekend, I focused on this Reaper Bones USA figure sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I probably spent about 3 hours on her, spread over the weekend. As the figure is wearing a lot of leather, the main challenge was getting that looking good. For me, that means a lot of layers and lot of washes. Then I needed to ensure enough contrast to keep the whole thing from getting muddled.

I've said it before, and I still believe it - you can't have too many rangers!

I also took a photo of her patrolling the deep wilderness!





5 comments:

  1. Bobby Jackson's minis are always a treat, and that muted, earthy paint-scheme really suits the model.

    "You can't have too many Rangers..." is this an admission that Rangers is a high mortality game? 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good looking figure, you must be pleased with your painting. If there are many Rangers, can we have a group shot?
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice. Are Reaper Bones still that sort of squishy/rubbery plastic material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are now several varieties of Reaper Bones. This is from the Bones USA line which is the best and comparable to metal in terms of detail. There is als Bones black which is harder than the original material, with better detail, but not as good as Bones USA.

      Delete