Friday 16 November 2018

Titans’ Bane – Audio Drama

Last week I was in Games Workshop in Canterbury. I had a £20 gift voucher in my pocket, but no current miniature needs. So, instead of picking up more plastic to throw on the unpainted pile, I picked up a copy of the new Titans’ Bane audio drama. Regular readers will know I’m a big fan of listening to audio dramas while I paint, although normally I go for Big Finish Doctor Who.

I had read about Titans’ Bane in White Dwarf, and the description had caught my fancy. According to the blurb, the entire story is set inside a super-heavy tank. I wondered if the author could really pull off a story with such a confined setting.

Having listened to it (while painting, of course), I can say it is darn enjoyable. The story doesn’t have a huge amount of plot, perhaps being that it is only 46 minutes long, but the story, combined with some good acting, good music, and overall terrific production, makes for a very entertaining listen. It really does invoke the grim and gritty 40K Universe, but from an angle that has rarely been covered.

Definitely worth a listen if you get the chance.

I also picked up Horus Hersey: Shattered Legions to finish off the gift voucher. Nice to have a book of short stories I can dip into now and then. Only ready about a third of it though, so I’m withholding judgement.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm Charlize Theron driving a tank !!!! It's a fantasy !!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've picked up a few of these little audio dramas to listen to while painting. Most of them have been a lot of fun. I particularly liked Titans' Bane as I've been working on a couple Imperial Guard forces and assembled and painted a Shadowsword earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be interested in the Black Library Humble Bundle that's currently on - a load of them for $1 (for 6) to $15 (for 24), and the money goes to charity. 4 days left!
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books/voices-from-the-worlds-of-warhammer-audio?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_4_layout_type_threes_tile_index_3

    ReplyDelete