Wednesday 10 June 2020

Introducing – Blaster!

So this is a little project I’ve been keeping under my hat...introducing Blaster!

Basically, I got together with four other wargame designers – Ash Barker (Last Days & Guerrilla Miniature Games), Mike Hutchinson (Gaslands), Joey McGuire (This is Not a Test & Reality’s Edge) and Sean Sutter (Relicblade) to create our own wargames anthology, and Volume I is now available in either PDF or Print-on-Demand from DriveThruRPG!

The plan is for this to be an ongoing series, with new volumes coming out on a semi-regular basis. In every issue, all five of us will be providing new content for one or more of our games, so if you are fan of our work, these books are probably going to be of interest!

It’s an anthology by a bunch of independent game designers produced for those who like independently-created wargames!

For Volume I, I have gone back to one of my biggest influences, The Lord of the Rings, and created a pair of linked scenarios that can be played using the Rangers of Shadow Deep rules. In the first scenario, you play a wizard, searching for his friends in the ruins of an ancient watchtower, when he’s attacked by a group of wraiths. In the second, a ranger and four halflings are searching the same ruined tower for signs of the wizard, when they too are attacked by the wraiths!

Of course, for these scenarios, I’ve had to provide Rangers stats for the wizard, ranger, and halflings…



5 comments:

  1. Ha! I laugh in the face of danger. I don't laugh at those Darned dragons you developed though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no one wants dragons to be easy! Nazgul aren't your friends either, but a couple of pretty powerful heroes here as well.

      Delete
  2. That's a really cool line up of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see this and I already purchased it. Glad to see Ash Barker -- I have been watching his channel since it first started. Can never have enough Frostgrave and adding another Gaslands option just sealed the deal for me.

    ReplyDelete