Wednesday 12 June 2013

Oxford Knights vs. Vodafone Heat

My Knights lost in extra-innings last night, 14-11.  I fear I didn’t contribute much to the offense, going a rather dismal 1 for 4 with a run scored, and even that one hit was a bit of generous scoring. In the field, I spent the entire game at shortstop. In truth, I’m basically the team’s utility fielder, I can play every position competently, but outside of my natural position at second base, I'm not great at any of them. I made one throwing error in the game, which is annoying since throwing is probably what I’m best at. On the plus side, I was part of two relays which got runners at third, including a rather epic 9-4-6-5 (that’s right field to second base to shortstop to third base) play that nailed a guy going for a triple.

It’s a short turnaround this week as we are back on the field on Thursday to make up a rainout. Hopefully, I’ll do a little better with the bat.


Career Hits: 89

No comments:

Post a Comment