Friday 14 June 2013

The Bat is Back! (Knights vs. Devils)

The Knights were back on the field last night, taking on one of our main division rivals, The Devils, in a make-up game for an earlier rainout. I was back at my more familiar and comfortable position of pitcher.
 I tossed a pretty good game, only walking one (which I didn’t mind in the situation) and picking up an unusually high number of strikeouts. I also managed to snag a couple of comebackers.
                My real joy on the night was at the plate, where I reach safely in all five of my at-bats. I lead off the second inning with sharp grounder between first and second. I also lead off the third, lining a ball over second base. From that point, the opposing pitcher began to pitch me inside, but my patience held. I walked in my next two at-bats (probably matching my season total for last year). In my final at-bat, leading off the seventh inning, I turned on a 2-0 pitch over the heart of the plate and launched it over the centerfielder. With no wall to stop it, the ball rolled into the distance, and I notched my first-ever league official home run. 
                The Knights took the game by three runs, though I’m not sure I ever knew the exact score. After Tuesday’s somewhat dismal personal performance, it was nice to get back out there and have such a positive night at the plate.


Career Hits: 92, 1 Home Run

No comments:

Post a Comment