Thursday 22 February 2018

Building the Crew

My Ghost Archipelago crew is slowly taking shape. This is another figure from the female crew pack sculpted by Mr. Bobby Jackson. Having got a brush on a few of these figures, I can honestly say this is one of my favourite packs in the range. Simple but beautiful sculpts and just a delight to paint.

I thought the figure would look better with a shield, but I wanted something a little low-tech looking, something light that would fit well in the setting, so I used a plastic shield from the Perry's Sudanese kit. I think it fits right in.

Painting was pretty straight forward. The only oddity, I actually painted the hammer head grey with a grey highlight - as close as I've ever come to painting anything with the non-metallic metal technique.

2 comments:

  1. nice paint-job - and agree about the female crew figures. excellent sculpts.

    ReplyDelete