Thursday 24 August 2023

Queen Valdea


The latest figure to come off my painting table is Queen Valdea, who will serve as the first mate in my Stargrave crew. A warrior queen, Valdea defied the Daleks until the bitter end; until her planet was destroyed around her. She only survived through the intervention of the rogue Timelord, Chance. While she has never forgiven Chance for his interference, or the curse of her rescue, she has vowed to fight the Daleks wherever they are found. Travelling with Chance gives her the best opportunity. 

I built this figure using the Frostgrave Wizards II and Stargrave Mercenaries II sets. As you can see, the sets are fully compatible, which is no major surprise as they are both sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I really love the juxtaposition of the two sets - the wizardly robes versus the cybernetic arm and the massive carbine. I had a lot of fun painting this one and can't wait to get her onto the tabletop! 



5 comments:

  1. Yes that is an interesting figure, as you say. And I like the clean, bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool; and I'm enjoying the Dr Who theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Miyazaki's Nausicaä on the brain, and to me she has echoes of both Nausicaä and Kushana. Great build and colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splendid character, whose back story is just waiting to be told…
    Lovely work.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete