Tuesday 16 August 2022

'Goose Guys'

The other day my son came into my office and asked me a question about the 'Goose Guys' on my shelf, and I realized it has been awhile since I showed off my progress on my Dol Amroth army. I have slowly been adding figures to it over the last 6 months. I'm still a long way from where I want to be, but I have made progress. 

As can be seen, the army currently consists of:

  • 1 Swan Knight, Mounted
  • 6 Swan Knights, Foot
  • 6 Swordsmen
  • 4 Spearmen
  • 4 Archers

So, 21 figures in total. Not bad. My first goal is to bring the swordsmen, spearmen, and archers up to 8 men each. That way they can take the place of a standard 'Gondor' force as seen in some many Middle-Earth SBG scenarios. I then want to increase all three of those units to 12 men each and bring the mounted force up to 6 to serve as my army for Lion Rampant. Eventually, I want to have enough to use for Oathmark.


I am talking with a some friends about doing some 'extended format' Battle Companies games that would allow me to get some of the guys some early experience.


6 comments:

  1. SBG is a brilliant game system, as a direct descendant of Donald Featherstones original rules it should be! The finest version of SBG is without doubt Battle Companies. I played a great solo campaign with it using my own Fiefdoms lists, I have rarely enjoyed the hobby more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the Goose Guys look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those guys look suitably businesslike and tidy for the sons of Dol Amroth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What make are the Spearman and archers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fireforge - Spanish infantry and folk rabble.

      Delete
  5. Honking for the Goose Guys.

    ReplyDelete