Thursday 16 May 2024

Plague Doctor

 

On my computer, this figure is about 5 times 'life size' which probably doesn't do my paint job any favours! This is another fantastic Bobby Jackson sculpt for Reaper miniatures. I hear it was also the inspiration for one of the Rangers of Shadow Deep scenarios found in The Star of Alladore

This figure has been subbing in as my wizard figure in HeroQuest, while I get a new one painted up. (My wife didn't want to play the wizard anymore, she wanted someone more aggressive). 

I originally intended to paint him in black and grey as seemed more fitting... but when it came to it, I just couldn't do it. I like a bit more colour on my figs! So instead, I painted him up more like one of my rangers. I think it worked out pretty well!

7 comments:

  1. That paint job is spot on and awesome! I love the bright potions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color combination is fantastic. So glad y'all found Heroquest. It's my favorite boardgame for sure! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear you're also a Heroquest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love plague doctors, and this is lovely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just painted his sister for my homebrew game, both are great miniatures. The poiton bottles are crying for vivid colors. Lovely paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool paint job on a cool mini. I like the choice of colours. It makes the Dr looking like an actual member of a military unit, rather than a random addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the paint job! The vibrant colors definitely bring a unique twist to the classic plague doctor look. It's cool to hear about the versatility of the figure and its inspiration from the Rangers of Shadow Deep. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete