Sunday 9 February 2014

Bonebreaker

A little less than three months after I came off my bike, breaking my left arm and wrist, I got back on. I probably could have managed it a couple of weeks ago, but the weather in Oxford has been so miserable, there haven’t been many decent opportunities. I just went for a quick, 3-mile spin around the neighbourhood, avoiding the spot of my last crash. I was a little jittery, and my wrist ached a bit from the bumps and gripping the handlebars, but generally, it felt great.


In light of my recent crash, as well as my crash a couple years ago which snapped my shoulder, I have named my bike ‘Bonebreaker’.  I’m going to see if I can get a sticker or decal of the name, and a maybe three little bone stickers that I can put on the frame.

Also, as I suited up to ride, I was surprised to discover that my reflective jacket had completely torn open down length of the zipper. I suppose it happened during the crash, but it's one of those things that you really don't notice at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely taking the saying, "...you get back on the bicycle" literally! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print them out on your computer, bikes like swords desire names.

    ReplyDelete