Friday 15 February 2019

Frostgrave Plastic Wizards



There is a rumour going around that a plastic wizard set is coming to Frostgrave. Well, the rumour is true! I actually received a 'test sprue' a couple of weeks ago. It was just a sample, and there was still some cleaning to do on the mold, but I just couldn’t wait! There are so many fun bits on the sprue, I just had to clip some out and have a play. Here is the result!

My new wizard, Nicholas Nicodemus and his apprentice Porthek!

Nicholas is made completely out of pieces from the sprue, including one of the four bodies. I gave him a staff in one hand and gem in the other. The gem is obviously some kind of power stone. I also glued on a couple of extra potion bottles, of which there are many on the sprue. For his apprentice, I used a body from the Ghost Archipelago Crew sprue, just to see how compatible they were. The head and the arms come from the wizard sprue. I gave him a magic wand, as I figure you don’t get a staff until you’ve made ‘full wizard’. I also attached a couple a pouch, a potion, and a scroll as well.

Oh, and that little familiar/imp thing? He’s on the sprue too!















The Wizard Box set is due out March.  It will retail for £15 and contains two sprues. Each sprue allows you to make 4 spellcasters with loads of customization options and extra bits!

17 comments:

  1. I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP I WANT THE IMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking forward to this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take my damnéd gold crowns already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser! Excellent news and nice paint job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, just noticed the apprentice's wand looks like a Sonic screwdriver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that - although it's not quite as true close-up. There is at least one other wand-option on the sprue.

      Delete
  6. Great news! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I believe it will be coming in the North Star newsletter over the weekend.

      Delete
  8. These are awesome and I think I would like a set when available. Thanks for sharing Joe. If this is the wrong place for it, please let me know, but I was meta-thinking last night and pondered, how difficult would it be to adapt FG or RoSD rulesets to a superhero style narrative game? Anybody think of this already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too hard. Although Ghost Archipelago probably comes closer than the other two.

      Delete
  9. I know I’ll be picking up a set when they come out. It doesn’t matter that I already have Wizards for every school , now I want to see if I can create some one of a kind unique Wizards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are there any female heads? Or is there a plan to put out a Female Wizards box to complement the Female Soldiers box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in this box, but a female wizards box will come in due course.

      Delete