Wednesday 24 January 2018

Shark!

I've been on a mini-painting tear lately. (That being a small tear of miniature painting). The latest miniature to fall before my brush is this Ghost Archipelago shark sculpted by Richard Kemp.

I've got to admit, when I'm writing rules and making up monsters, I rarely stopped to think, 'how are they going to sculpt this'? I'm sure it has caused Osprey and North Star a few headaches! Which is all a way of saying that I think they did a great job designing a miniature for a shark that can actually be used on the table top. It is very simple, but hugely effective. It was also a quick, fun paint!

The mini also comes with another little mini of a fin poking out of the water. I now regret not painting that up at the same time, but I'll get to it soon.

Now that I've got a shark, I might just have to have a go at that Ghost Archipelago scenario that Jim Kelly wrote for the latest issue of Wargames Illustrated!

5 comments: