Friday 29 January 2021

Chaos Sorcerer or Storm Warden?

 

I was going through one of my figure cases the other day, when I discovered this figure that I had completely forgotten about. It is one of my all-time favourite Citadel miniatures. One of the old Chaos sorcerers. I can’t remember where I got it, or how long ago I painted it, but I think I did a pretty good job on it.

It just goes to show how much character you could get into the ‘simple’ more two-dimensional sculpts of wargaming’s yesteryear.

Anyway, I decided that I’ve got to get this guy into some games sometime – so, I’ve brought him into my Ghost Archipelago crew as my new Warden. In truth, I’ve never been completely happy with the figures I’ve had filling that position. 

Considering his appearance, I’m thinking he’ll be a Storm Warden.



6 comments:

  1. It's really cool you're interpreting a miniature in your own way, rather than just buying into whatever ready-made backstory the manufacturer is presenting. It used to be common, but nowadays hardly anyone seems to be doing it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that he speaks like Sam the Bald Eagle from The Muppet Show. That's a great sculpt, and your paint job does a good job of adding character and definition to the model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic miniature and a great paint job too Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. ***DROOL...*** Opens eBay app...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also nice that the colors fit in with your crew.

    ReplyDelete